1 Elements and Case Citations
Florida recognizes three distinct causes of action for invasion of privacy:
- Appropriation: Unauthorized use of a person’s name or likeness to obtain some benefit.
- Intrusion: Physically or electronically intruding into one’s private quarters or person.
- Public Disclosure of Private Facts: Publication of private facts that are offensive to the reasonable person and not of legitimate public concern.
Subscribers To The Florida Litigation Guide Can See:
- The rest of the elements for this cause of action;
- The citations to the most recent state and federal court cases citing the cause of action;
- The statute of limitations; and
- The defenses to this cause of action.