1 Elements and Case Citations
Under Florida law, the tort of public disclosure of private facts requires that a party prove:
- publication to a large number of people,
- of private facts
- whose publication would be highly offensive to a reasonable person and
- are not of public concern.
- False Light: Publication of facts that place a person in a false light even though the facts themselves may not be defamatory.
Subscribers To The Florida Litigation Guide Can See:
- The rest of the elements for this cause of action;
- The citations to the most recent state and federal court cases citing the cause of action;
- The statute of limitations; and
- The defenses to this cause of action.