1 Elements and Case Citations
- Defendant (the promisor) made a misrepresentation of a material fact;,
- Defendant should reasonably expect to induce action or forbearance on the part of plaintiff (the promisee) or a third person;
- Defendant’s misrepresentation induces such action or forbearance by plaintiff or a third person; and
- Plaintiff suffers a detriment caused by reliance on the misrepresentation.
Subscribers To The Florida Litigation Guide Can See:
- The rest of the elements for this cause of action;
- The citations to the most recent state and federal court cases citing the cause of action;
- The statute of limitations; and
- The defenses to this cause of action.