1 Elements and Case Citations
- A representation by defendant (the party estopped), to plaintiff (the party claiming estoppel) as to a material fact;
- The representation is contrary to the condition of affairs later asserted by defendant;
- Plaintiff relies on the representation; and
- Plaintiff suffers detriment by a change in position as a result of the representation and reliance thereon.
Subscribers To The Florida Litigation Guide Can See:
- The rest of the elements for this cause of action;
- The citations to the most recent state and federal court cases citing the cause of action;
- The statute of limitations; and
- The defenses to this cause of action.