1 Elements and Case Citations
A defendant’s oral (slander) or written (libel) publication of a statement to a third party that, when considered alone, without innuendo:
- Tends to subject persons to hatred, distrust, ridicule, contempt, or disgrace;
- Tends to injure a person in a trade or profession; or
- Attributes to a person either conduct, characteristics, or conditions incompatible with the proper exercise of a lawful business, trade, profession or office.
Subscribers To The Florida Litigation Guide Can See:
- The rest of the elements for this cause of action;
- The citations to the most recent state and federal court cases citing the cause of action;
- The statute of limitations; and
- The defenses to this cause of action.